[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Andre Heider a.heider at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 01:04:26 CET 2009

Hi,

a few of you already know about it, but here's a little introduction
to our fresh buildbot setup:

Whats buildbot and why do we want it?
I started a small wiki page about it, and before I copypaste it here,
I'll just redirect you ;)
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Buildbot

And it looks like this:
http://buildbot.scummvm.org/

Look around, but please be gentle ;)

I believe we reached a status where it slowly becomes useful. A couple
of things are still missing - the biggest chunk beeing the various
toolchains for all the ports of ScummVM. Our goal is to automatically
build as many ports as possible.
We hope that porters help out to add their build environment to the
buildbot server. I wrote down the toolchain/port requirements on the
wiki page, please take a look.
The ./configure script requirement is probably the biggest hurdle for
some ports (my Wii one included). Once a port is ready to be added -
or it already is - please ask for an account on the buildbot server.
Then we can set up the used tools and add it to the buildbot config.

Hopefully this whole setup becomes a useful tool for all the ScummVM
developers :)

Regards,
Andre