[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Kostas Nakos knakos at phys.uoa.gr
Mon Mar 16 08:10:37 CET 2009

Hello,

Great work!

Andre Heider wrote:
> We hope that porters help out to add their build environment to the
> buildbot server. I wrote down the toolchain/port requirements on the
> wiki page, please take a look.

I'll be happy to do so. I'll get in touch.

> The ./configure script requirement is probably the biggest hurdle for
> some ports (my Wii one included). Once a port is ready to be added -
> or it already is - please ask for an account on the buildbot server.
> Then we can set up the used tools and add it to the buildbot config.

So, the problem is (and correct me if I get this wrong) that the source
gets checked out once at a specific dir A, then the configure is run
from the target dir B. All build by-products are saved in dir B.

If that is so, then perhaps we can slightly modify the custom Makefiles
to cope with that? Setting up 'srcdir', VPATH, and the includes in an
absolute fashion, referring to the wince makefile should do the trick?
Adding a variable override such as: 'make dist srcdir=path_to_A' is no good?

I haven't tried build for ce outside the tree yet, but is it worth
taking a look at it, or we have given up completely on the idea of
backends/* makefile builds for buildbot?

Best,
Kostas