[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Mar 18 13:52:33 CET 2009

Am 17.03.2009 um 23:16 schrieb Marcus Comstedt:

[...]

> I've started looking at supporting the configure script for the
> Dreamcast port.

Nice.

>  What doesn't become so clean is that the configure
> script makes some decisions based on "host_os".  But in the case
> of the Dreamcast, there is no OS on the host.  Actually, I need to set
> $_host_os to "elf" so that the correct name for the C++ compiler gets
> chosen (it is "sh-elf-g++"), but it gets a bit weird making decisons
> based on host_os==elf...

Actually, you can just set _host to sh-elf, and it should find your
compiler: We do look for $_host-g++, too.

I.e., you should be able to use
  ./configure --host=sh-elf

Alternatively, in line 820ff, you can add a case for "MY-DC-HOST-
STRING" (e.g. "dc" or "dreamcast" ?) and then set _host_cpu, _host,
CXX etc. to whichever values are suitable.

If it makes you feel better, we can rename _host_os to _host_sys. :-).