[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Wed Mar 18 14:15:28 CET 2009

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> Actually, you can just set _host to sh-elf, and it should find your
> compiler: We do look for $_host-g++, too.

Yes, but I would prefer $_host to be "dreamcast", since

./configure --host=dreamcast

makes much more sense than

./configure --host=sh-elf

> Alternatively, in line 820ff, you can add a case for "MY-DC-HOST-
> STRING" (e.g. "dc" or "dreamcast" ?) and then set _host_cpu, _host,
> CXX etc. to whichever values are suitable.

That's what I do currently, yes.  But I don't set CXX, because
I still want to let the user override it.  So instead I set
_host_os to "elf" so that the script will select the correct
value of CXX iff it hasn't been set by the user.

> If it makes you feel better, we can rename _host_os to _host_sys. :-).

Well, the name of the variable isn't really the issue.  The issue
is that the same variable is used to determine both the name of the
compiler, and e.g. dynamic plugin configuration (which depends on the
port rather than on the compiler).

However, instead of griping about it, I guess I should suggest a
solution.  :-)

How about we introduce a new variable $_host_alias which is used
instead of $_host_cpu-$_host_os in $compilers, but which is initially
set to $_host_cpu-$_host_os?  Then I can modify $_host_alias to be
"sh-elf", while still using a more specific value for $_host_os (or
$_host_sys or whatever it should be called :).

  // Marcus