[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM goes buildbot

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Wed Mar 18 22:59:18 CET 2009

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

> [...] I guess I'd prefer the approach above; or alternatively
> (resp. in addition, this is not mutually exclusive) this approach:
> Introduce a new _host_desc / _host_name variable. Set that to whatever
> you want, defaulting to the value of _host. Then, in the "case"
> statement in line 820ff, have code like this:
>
> case $_host in
> dreamcast)
> 	_host=sh-elf
> 	_host_desc=dreamcast
> 	_host_os=dreamcast
> 	_host_cpu=sh
> 	;;
>
> and later on, whenever we print _host to the user, print _host_desc
> instead.

But _host is not just printed, it is also acted upon in the
"Cross-compiling mode" case-statement.  So if _host was re-set to
"sh-elf", the case for setting endianness to little (which is
specific to the Dreamcast, not to the SH architeture itself which
is bi-endian) would be labled "sh-elf", which makes no sense.
Or the case would have to test on something else ($_host_desc?
*boggle*).

> This is still not ideal, all in all the whole configure script could
> stand some cleanup (mostly reordering and regrouping stuff in a more
> logical fashion, and sprinkling in some comments).

Well, yes.  For the ports with dedicated backends, there are
currently settings rather arbitrarily sprinkled out between sections
testing on $_host_os, $_host, and $_backend.  That's probably
something which could be done better.

  // Marcus