[Scummvm-devel] Qualifying tasks for ScummVM GSoC 2k9?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Mar 19 11:15:40 CET 2009

Am 19.03.2009 um 09:38 schrieb timofonic timofonic:

> Hello.
>
> This could be an interesting idea, not sure if soon enough and if the
> ScummVM Team would agree on using it. What about doing small tasks
> (http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=Small_FFmpeg_Tasks) as a
> main requirement for qualifying as GSoC student for the ScummVM
> project? It's an idea from the FFmpeg project that seems interesting
> to me to avoid "lazy" students and make them understand the codebase
> sooner, it could help improving small parts of ScummVM at the same
> time.
>
> http://socghop.appspot.com/org/show/google/gsoc2009/ffmpeg

In general the idea is nice, but the tasks FFmpeg lists strike me as
being rather big for "small" tasks. Wow :). Maybe we need to raise our
standards and make our tasks more difficult, and turn some of our
"easier" tasks into qualification tasks??

Anyway, as usual, it would require *someone* to create and fill such a
page. Or rather, many someones. Unless we have some content, it makes
no sense to start the page, BTW, i.e. please don't just create one
prematurely ;).