[Scummvm-devel] Qualifying tasks for ScummVM GSoC 2k9?

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Mar 19 13:34:21 CET 2009

Hi again,

looking at <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/OpenTasks>, maybe
"Improve the ScummVM build system" should be a qualifying task? In
fact, looking at it now, it seems almost a bit "too small" on its own.
Maybe we should mark it as a "half task", combinable with something
else?

E.g. it might fit in well with the "implement loadable modules" task
(I still would like to recall who started work on that.. dhweg? See
also <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/OpenTasks#Implemented_support_for_loadable_modules_on_small_devices
 >).

I am also not so sure about the "Improve sound support in SCUMM games"
task. That one seems smaller than some of the others, and also less
useful.

Then there is this XMIDI parser task. I wonder how relevant that is
anymore... It sure would be nice to "improve" the xmidi support, but
maybe this should be combined with one of the other MIDI tasks (mind
you, not necessarily in a fixed way, but rather by adding a comment to
the effect that this is a "half" task ?).