[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 0.13.1. Ports are ready? PalmOS, PS2, NDS

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Tue Mar 24 19:06:16 CET 2009

Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> There were important bugxies coming to branch-0-13-0, so the need to
> release 0.13.1 is more than ever.

r38637 and r38638 may be good candidates for backporting, too. They are
meant to fix a thread-unsafety in Broken Sword 2. See bug #2614306
("BS2: noise in music or speech"). The reason I haven't is that I'm
still a bit worried about regressions. I've been meaning to play through
Broken Sword 2 with compressed music files, but I haven't taken the time.

The simple way to fix the bug is to simply lock the mutex for the entire
streamCompMusic() function, but someone relaxed that a bit because it
was slow on some ScummVM ports. So I rewrote the handling of compressed
music a bit, and that's what worries me. I don't know if I accidentally
broke something, or if it's ok on the various ports now.

(I've also been meaning to rewrite it a bit so that compressed/original
music files are handled in a more uniform way. Again, I haven't taken
the time to do so.)

Torbjörn Andersson