[Scummvm-devel] CLI frontend for the tools.

Henry Bush scummvm at spookypeanut.co.uk
Tue May 12 14:45:02 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 10:56, Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> That sounds like a good idea, at least in principle. To indirectly
> also respond to Thierry's questions: Some tools use -d, others use -o;
> but -o usually is used is use to specify an output FILE, not a dir,
> aye. Personally, I am happy with using either -o or -d for this. This
> is, after all, only a minor point and trivial to change later on (if
> it is *not* trivial, you made some serious mistake in the design of
> your code *ggg*).

I agree with Max on this: consistency is the main thing. Once the
options all use the same code (which I assume is the plan?), it's
trivial to switch it to make it more user friendly if that is deemed
necessary.

And on a side-note, I'm really excited by this project. It's been
needed for a long time, and should make the ScummVM tools usable by a
much wider slice of the ScummVM users. Thanks for taking it on!

Cheers,

Henry