[Scummvm-devel] Keymapper code

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Tue May 12 21:59:32 CEST 2009

On Tue, 12 May 2009 21:22:10 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> * Why does HardwareKeySet store a list of HardwareKey *pointers*
> instead of the objects themselves?
It has quite many places which are not nice, sometimes even nasty. Also
it crawls especially on the initialization phase. I will eventually fix
that. Of course, volunteers are welcome.

> * Currently one "hardware key" for every key combo is created. I.e.,
> "A" and "Ctrl-A" are handled as if they were different keys. While
> that certainly simplifies some things, it also means that for every
> new modifier key we add, the number of "keys" is doubled. Can't we
> teach the remapper about modifier keys instead?
And then keep remaps only for the specified key combos?

> * If I enable the key remapper, ScummVM gets super crashy for me.
> For example, in the launcher, if I press "return" to start the
> select game, instead it'll crash with an insertion triggered by an
> invalid Common::Rect.
I simply forgot to update scummmodern.zip. Now it should be fine. Also
current keymapper works only for >640xY modern themes. I did not bother
to update other themes because I plan to redesign the GUI too. Current
one is no way nice and looks really clobbered.

Eugene