[Scummvm-devel] AppStore Code

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:23:52 CEST 2009

Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
> On Sat, 16 May 2009 11:55:11 +0300
> "Liron Barzilay" <liron at ismartdialer.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi All,
>>
>> The new version is up in the AppStore (1.2) and our site is updated
>> with the new sources.
>>
>> Please tell us your thoughts.
>>
> I wonder what caused you to add following statement to FOTAQ article on
> Wikipedia:
>
>   "In 2009, the PC CD-ROM game version was ported to the iPhone / iPod
>   Touch by iPhSoft and it's available on Apple's AppStore:"
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Flight_of_the_Amazon_Queen&diff=290921905&oldid=290259137

Hi,

I wonder about the iPhSoft source patch. It seems only to include the
iPhone backend modifications. The port will probably always start up the
FOTAQ game bundled. There are two possibilities on how they achieved
this: they always start ScummVM with their setup FOTAQ target or they
modified the sources to do so. The later would of course require them to
release source patches for that too.

Actually after all I would really want to see a full released source
tree from them. I think that's part of the GPL too.

Next I'm wondering which FOTAQ copy they are using. The freeware one
includes these two statements in its license:

1) You may distribute this game for free on any medium, provided this Readme
and all associated copyright notices and disclaimers are left intact.

Do they include the README file? Or did the get permissions from the
original authors to not include it?

2) You may charge a reasonable copying fee for this archive, and may
distribute it in aggregate as part of a larger and possibly commercial
software
distribution (such as a Linux distribution or magazine coverdisk). You must
provide proper attribution and ensure that this Readme and all associated
copyright notices and disclaimers are left intact.

Over here I wonder what's a reasonable copying fee for distribution via
the AppStore?

After all the latter could be changed on some agreement with the
original authors I guess. Still it would be interesting to know about it.

// Johannes