[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM Release 1.0.0 status -- 2009-11-04

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Nov 5 01:08:48 CET 2009

Am 05.11.2009 um 00:36 schrieb Travis Howell:

> Eugene Sandulenko wrote:
>> The situation has not changed dramatically with the bugfixing, so I
>> am
>> considering to go with it as is, and release 1.0.1 if there will be
>> such need/bug really fixed.
>>
>> Other than that I see absolutely no point in waiting any more.
>
> Nippon Safes is still marked as not completable, with two bugs
> (#2879785
> and #2880939) that sound critical.
>
> Unfortunately Waxworks still suffers from a lack of feedback, about
> further issues too. But that is unchanged from previous releases.
>
> For a ScummVM 1.0 release, all critical bugs (that are reproducible)
> in
> supported games, that cause games to not be completable, should be
> fixed
> at least.

I disagree. We should weigh the importance and seriousness of issues
against the drawbacks of further delays. It is unlikely that the
issues you mention will be addressed in the near future. As such, I
would strongly prefer to release 1.0.0 and then have those issues be
fixed in a 1.0.1 release. Or not. I think for 99.99% of our users,
this is preferable compared to yet another totally unpredictable delay.

Bye,