[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM Release 1.0.0 status -- 2009-11-04

Schrijvers Luc Begasus at skynet.be
Thu Nov 5 12:06:54 CET 2009

Op donderdag 05-11-2009 om 10:30 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef D G
Turner:
> Max,
>   I couldn't find a bug on this, so e-mailing you.
>
>   Looked at his pastebin, both compile failures are due to :
>
> /boot/home/dev/games/scummvm/common/serializer.h:226: Internal compiler
> error.
> /boot/home/dev/games/scummvm/common/serializer.h:226: Please submit info
> to Oliver Tappe <gcc at hirschkaefer.de>.
>
>   i.e. GCC internal failure, so no ScummVM code fault and a workaround
>   for BeOS / Haiku is likely to very hard to work out, especially
>   without being sat at the box.
IIRC I had a simular problem with the parallaction engine linked to the
same problem (serializer.h) that had been fixed a few months back. (I
think it was this fix
http://codenotifier.com/projects/242/commits/42793 ) (don't shoot me if
it's not totaly related) ;)

>   You may want to check his exact gcc-2.95 version, because I can find
>   two main ones for Be.. though neither seems to been updated for 2
>   years. :-(
>
>   http://www.bebits.com/app/4011
>   http://dl.hirschkaefer.de/gcc/
>
>   The second one is Mr Tappe's homepage, but seems more out of date, but
>   has a fairly large "bug / pecularity" list, which may be useful in
>   workaround fun :-~
>
>   I hope this helps.
The Haiku one (2.95.3) has been updated (don't know if it's up for
download via BeBits but it's included in Haiku's iso), they also have a
newer one (gcc 4.3.3) and recently someone is working on updating that
one too (so we are set for the future - the older one is still around
for compatibility with older BeOS software, and I try to mainain the
packages still to be compatible under BeOS, that's why I still use ZETA
as a system to package the 2.95.3 binaries).