[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.0.0 will be retagged

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Sun Nov 8 02:48:49 CET 2009

Johannes Schickel wrote:
>>> Pawel, your fix to Debian changelog will be included too.
>>>
>> Retag has been made. Additional minor difference is that the version
>> does not have the revision number.
>>
>>  11b911937e0fc73c94a7bdc374ab617c scummvm-1.0.0.tar.bz2
>>  ddfa074cc65f7a74172ad864fbb5aba7 scummvm-1.0.0.tar.gz
>>  29a9fc71aa8d17c7f1d6e0270f45923a scummvm-1.0.0.zip
>>

> Actually versions build by your source tarballs shouldn't have any
> revision included before either, unless you did ship them with the
> ".svn" directories (thus still under SVN "control"). That is because
> your build system uses "svn" (the command line tool) to retrieve the
> current revision number of the source checkout, that will of course
> not work, when the directory has no ".svn" directory, which svn uses
> to operate.

Oh scrap that, just noticed the dist-src target somehow did also replace
the revision define independent whether it's for release sources or not,
I had in mind that it just did that for VER_EXTRA being set, means just
the "svn" versions... That could easily be fixed though (for example we
could put a check for VER_EXTRA being not empty around lines 190 to 195
in Makefile.common), it looks like we really want that for releases at
least. I'm wondering what's the stance on that? As it looks rc1 was
including the SVN revision. Was that intentional? Or do we only want to
feature the SVN revision for builds with "svn" as VER_EXTRA value?

// Johannes