[Scummvm-devel] Making it easier for users to add games

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Wed Nov 25 10:02:08 CET 2009

2009/11/25 Max Horn <max at quendi.de>:
> So, maybe we should unify Add & Mass Add as follows: First, we merge
> them, changing the button label to "Add Game(s)...".
Good idea.

> When the user presses the "Add Game(s)..." button, we first pop up a
> dialog saying something like this:
>
> "We will now show you a selection dialog, in which you should select a
> directory. ScummVM will search this directory and all its
> subdirectories for games supported by it. Any games detected this way
> and not yet in your list of games will be added to it."
This has to be config option-turnable.

> What do you think?
I also wonder what prevents us from showing all files in the dialog
and not just the directories? We always can check whether supplied
path is a file or directory and strip off the file. Also we can make
only directories selectable, and now when we have support for colored
lists, we can show directories with different color and (optionally)
on top of the list.

Eugene