[Scummvm-devel] Making it easier for users to add games

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Wed Nov 25 11:30:05 CET 2009

Am 25.11.2009 um 11:11 schrieb Johannes Schickel:

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Kostas Nakos <knakos at phys.uoa.gr>
> wrote:
>> Also, as Eugene suggests, I've always found it odd that if one
>> selects
>> the innermost directory no files are shown -- I mean it is more
>> evident
>> in this case that no files are shown. For user reassurance, files
>> can be
>> displayed in the file selector albeit with a gray color in the
>> font (meaning not-selectable) instead of black for the dirs.
>>

> I made an feature-request + proof of concept implementation for that
> over here some time ago:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2840967&group_id=37116&atid=418823
>
> It allows selection of files though, that could be easily changed
> though.

I didn't even notice this patch. Yeah, in principle, I am fine with
displaying filenames, as long as they are visually separate from
directory names. E.g. make files grey (if we decide to make them non-
selectable); or if we allow them to be selected, well, show dirs maybe
in bold and with a slash at the end? Even cooler would be to show a
little folder icon next to dirs, and a little file icon next to files.
But also even more work.

Bye,