[Scummvm-devel] Making it easier for users to add games

Torbjörn Andersson eriktorbjorn at telia.com
Fri Nov 27 21:14:20 CET 2009

Max Horn wrote:

> For average users, and esp. newbies, this should make things a lot
> simpler. Power users have to skip over one more dialog and loose the
> ability to not recurse into dirs, but then power users can deal with
> that, I'd hope. If it's deemed to terrible a burden for those, we can
> come up with way to adjust for them (e.g. if shift is hold, change the
> button to the old "Add single game" mode); but i'd prefer to not do
> that.

I we want an "Add single game" mode, couldn't that simply be a checkbox
in the "Select directory" dialog, or something like that?

(For what it's worth, I've never used the "Mass Add" feature myself. I
don't get new games to add very often, and I like to tweak the settings
a bit by hand anyway.)

Torbjörn Andersson