[Scummvm-devel] Dragon History is stable

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sat Nov 28 10:56:57 CET 2009

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:17:23 -0800
Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi everybody!
>
> I have just debugged the last problem I had found when playing the
> Dragon History until the very end.  the game is completable with no
> known glitches.
Yay! Congratulations!

> anybody willing to test the game is welcome.
The usual procedure is following:
 - The engine author writes a news item and publishes it with blessing
   of the co-leads on our main website. Usually the item is funny and
   has references to the original game. You may find good examples in
   our news archive
 - The news items is also crossposted on our forums as an announcement
 - The game is added to the compatibility list
 - We add new category to bugreports
 - We start accepting the bugreports on the game

Thus we are effectively engage all of our user community to the testing.

> I don't know whether I should write somewhere the instructions for
> playing the game and, if yes, where to.
Definitely. There are several places:
 - Our README (it is a must)
 - Our documentation on Wiki (doc team can pick it form REAME but that
   could take some time)
 - Game-specific page on the Wiki (optional)

> does anybody have an idea when will the next release of ScummVM
> happen?  are we going to ship Dragon History out at 1.1 or is 1.0.1
> good enough?  I would prefer shipping it ASAP.
The game support is shipped only after testing period.

Currently we are at 6 months release cycle, that means that 1.1.0 will
be around February/March. There is a probability that 1.0.1 will be
released, but that one will be based on branch-1-0-0 which is obviously
in a feature freeze.

Also by time of the release I propose to move the game page and the
data files to scummvm.org and sf.net respectively.

Eugene