[Scummvm-devel] Dragon History is stable

timofonic timofonic timofonic at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 01:31:51 CET 2009

Hi

(I'm currently very busy IRL with very deep personal and professional
changes, all of them positive but takes practically all my available
time. I may take zillions to reply again until some unknown period of
time)

On 11/28/09, Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi Eugene et al.,
>
> sorry for HTML e-mail, but that's on purpose due to attached screenshots.
>
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 1:56 AM, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
>

> > The usual procedure is following:  - The engine author writes a news item
> and publishes it with blessing
> >   of the co-leads on our main website. Usually the item is funny and
> >   has references to the original game. You may find good examples in
> >   our news archive
> >

> what about the following?
>
> ScummVM opens this year's Christmas season one month earlier!
>
> We would like to present a little gift to the smallest ones and to the ones
> that don't feel that old yet.  We have added support for Dragon History, a
> free game about a little dragon who has done some misdeeds and now tries to
> make them up and on top of that find his strayed father.
>
> If you wanna play, download the nightly build of ScummVM and the original
> game files from
> http://www.ucw.cz/draci-historie/index-en.html

Nice.

As a personal suggestion, I would add some nostalgic and historical
references about the game and developer origins, and how a young czech
guy plus a friend (not remember all people involved in the making) did
the first CD game in their nation in an heroic way.

The young guy got old, then ended in a dramatical situation: he got
converted into a Google worker, what a shameful voodoo black magic
someone did to him.
I thinks it's very proud to see the original code and game data
released as both free as in freedom and beer at same time.

Then a bunch of dangerous mad geeks due to someone suggesting it
contacted him about kidnapping a student to do the dirty work in
exchange of google dollars and himself finishing the remaining work in
his spare time instead more interesting real life stuff and google
itself allowing this dangerous world domination project to grow named
ScummVM.

S capitalization is the first step, then becoming SCUMMVM, then an
operating system due to merging with emacs and then with the world.
Resistance is futile...

Thanks a lot, this is a great edutaiment game for both (future)
fathers and kids. For the good of the human specie I hope to not have
those as anoying as me little demons (or did I mean descendants?) but
I'll take note for a remotely possibility or "biological accident".

Going to play it ASAP and willing to help with Spanish translation if
allowed to do it.

Regards.