[Scummvm-devel] Dragon History is stable

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Nov 30 12:02:49 CET 2009

Am 29.11.2009 um 02:46 schrieb timofonic timofonic:

[...]

> Then a bunch of dangerous mad geeks due to someone suggesting it
> contacted him about kidnapping a student to do the dirty work in
> exchange of google dollars and himself finishing the remaining work in
> his spare time instead more interesting real life stuff and google
> itself allowing this dangerous world domination project to grow named
> ScummVM.

Hi there,

I know timofonic couldn't know this, but, just to get that straight
for the record: Such a paragraph would be inappropriate because it
sounds as if Robert just put some finishing touches on an otherwise
complete project. Far from it, Robert had to do tons of major work to
rework and complete the unfinished work that we got as part of GSoC.
And during GSoC, he invested lots of time to hold hands and guide the
development. Not to forget he wrote the original code. What he did
exceeds "tidying up a little" by heaps and heaps, and I am very
grateful that Robert invested his scarce and valuable time to see this
through to the end, despite him *not* being paid generously by Google
to work on this full-time. (Hopefully, they still pay him generously
for other things, though ;).

Bye,