[Scummvm-devel] SF.net tracker vs. trac

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Oct 22 11:26:09 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

just FYI, according to my latest information, we could, if we wanted
to, probably move from SF.net tracker to trac (hosted also on SF.net)
-- SF.net would assist us with the *data* migration, i.e. as I
understand it, our existing tickets would be move to trac for us.

I know that some people here have rather negative feelings about trac;
my own feelings are mixed, too, but I feel that it has quite some
advantages over SF.net's tracker... But I thought it best to mention
this possibility here, to hear whether people are interested in this
or not.

My personal dream actually would be to migrate to a custom Bugzilla
(or something like that), hosted at say bugs.scummvm.org, with an
OpenID auth plugin installed, so that many people can use it w/o
having to register accounts.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no automated way to migrate existing
tracker data in this scenario. Not even the currently open tracker
items. :/

Bye,