[Scummvm-devel] SF.net tracker vs. trac

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Thu Oct 22 13:21:50 CEST 2009

Am 22.10.2009 um 13:10 schrieb Max Horn:

> Am 22.10.2009 um 11:26 schrieb Max Horn:
>
> [...]
>>

>> Unfortunately, there seems to be no automated way to migrate existing
>> tracker data in this scenario. Not even the currently open tracker
>> items. :/
>
> Actually, I stand corrected, XML export of tracker data is (still)
> available -- I knew they used to have that feature, but couldn't find
> it earlier, but see here: <https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/XML%20export
>> .
>
> I am not sure if that would include things like attachments to tracker
> items, but it might be a way to migrate to another system. Provided
> there are tools (resp. somebody writes them) to take that XML export
> data and convert it to a format understood by the target system.

Seems attachments can be migrated, and people did this. See e.g.:

<http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/analysis/Mondrian+Tracker+Case+Migration

And Bugzilla can import XML data (in Bugzilla's custom XML format),
see <http://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.4/en/html/api/importxml.html>. It
might be possible to adapt that.

Of course there are also tons of tracking systems out there (see e.g. <http://ifdefined.com/blog/post/2007/10/Links-to-other-comparisons-of-issue-trackers.aspx
 >).