[Scummvm-devel] Switching from SVN to git, mercurial or bazaar

Pawel Kolodziejski aquadran at xtr.net.pl
Sat Oct 24 13:35:21 CEST 2009

On 2009-10-23, at 10:55, Max Horn wrote:

> To briefly pick up this old discussion:
>
> * SF.net by now supports multiple repositories for both Git and
> Mercurial
>
> * TortoiseGit <http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/> supposedly
> improved a lot (and there are other frontends, e.g. for OS X, see http://git-scm.com/tools
> )
>
> Would be interesting if some Windows users could give TortoiseGit a
> spin.

As you mention TortoiseGit is frontend for git so I installed needed
git package from http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/ .
I used native endline conversion option at setup time, there is also
option use unix endlines or not touch it but they are for other
scenarios.
Option for automatic endline conversion is set in TortoiseGit.
I created git repository of whole scummvm repositories on unix and
cloned into windows git repository.
After that I check all kinds of types of files if there are any not
properly detected files.
I found all text files and binary files are properly detected, and
conversion happen when needed.
There is one thing which I'm not sure if one kind of files should be
converted or not, but I think not.
In "web-planet\code\planetvenus\examples\filters\guess-language" there
are two files: "en.data" and "fr.data".
In that files conversion happen. If it's wrong, still not much
important files, which I guess they are not used by us.

I'll do more tests like basic and later more advanced operations on
branches.

Pawel