[Scummvm-devel] Discworld 2 memory issue

yotam barnoy yotambarnoy at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 17:58:11 CEST 2009

> As long as only _one_ engine has this kind of behaviour, a workaround
> should be possible:  Make sure that the tinsel plugin is loaded
> _first_; then the memory will be unfragmented when the other plugins
> are unloaded.
>
> Probably not a long time solution, but it should serve as a quick fix
> at least.
>

>  // Marcus

I thought that would solve the problem also, but it doesn't. What I think
happens is that even after we load all the plugins, we make some small
scummvm or loader allocations that fragment the memory further, so that
unloading doesn't help. However, thinking about it now, this suggests the
opposite solution of loading the plugin LAST. So long as there is 10MB+ of
engines being loaded before Tinsel, those 10MB should be available.

I'll have to try it out.