[Scummvm-devel] Discworld 2 memory issue

Paul Gilbert paulfgilbert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:08:31 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:26 AM, Bertrand Augereau <
bertrand_augereau at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Alternative hack proposal:
> allocate 10Mb+epsilon at main start
> do all the launcher stuff and fragmentation
> free the block
> launch tinsel

Probably not a good idea to do hacks like this. I concur with the prior
emails.. off the top of my head, I think of any major reason why the Tinsel
heap manager couldn't be replaced with direct memory allocations/freeings
with only minor effort. Some of the existing code, such as the heap
compaction routine, couldn't be replicated in a direct allocation scheme,
but that might not be needed if we leave everything up the operating system.

Paul.