[Scummvm-devel] Switching from SVN to git, mercurial or bazaar

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Oct 27 12:46:25 CET 2009

Hi Pawel,

Thanks for the detailed report on your Windows experience with git and
mercurial :).

Filippos, did you manage to do some experiments on Windows?

 From what I know so far, it seems to me that the major obstacles for
using Git have been removed. Willem, Pawel and me prefer Git, I am not
sure what others think. Maybe some people would prefer to stay with
SVN, although I'd hope that many of the reasons formerly named for
that have been addressed by now. If not, please recap them briefly.

Pending further comments, it appears we could consider a move to git
in the not so distant future. We'd have to come up with a suitable
migration plan. This would probably include first converting a few
less import SVN subrepositories, to let get experience with the
conversion process, and also with using the resulting repositories.
Only if this works out well, convert the primary ones ("scummvm",
"tools", "web"), too.