[Scummvm-devel] Switching from SVN to git, mercurial or bazaar

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Tue Oct 27 21:56:58 CET 2009

Am 27.10.2009 um 21:30 schrieb Hubert Maier:

> Hello Max,
>
> how does one check out from i.e. git resources?
>
> I don't think there is a port of git-co (or whatever) is it called
> on my
> platform.
> otoh maybe i understand the whole concept wrong, at least, Bugzilla
> and Mantis
> would work here (i think)
>
> Just a little concern of a porter on a small platform...

Hi Hubert,

how does Subversion work on your platform? Is there a dedicated port,
or does it just require compiling the stock sources? If it needs
modifications, what kind?

In the end, git shouldn't really be harder to port than Subversion, so
if you have SVN, I'd hope for git to be available, too. It does
require perl, though, according to <http://perldoc.perl.org/perlamiga.html
 > perl 5.8.8 doesn't work on AmigaOS -- but maybe git also works with
perl 5.6/5.7? I have no idea.
For MorphOS, there seems to be a port of git: <http://amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2008-09-00070-EN.html