[Scummvm-devel] Another plugin question

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Fri Sep 11 11:22:17 CEST 2009

Max Horn <max at quendi.de> writes:

>> -- how often does one add games anyway?
>
> On the DC: Possibly every time you want to play, if I understand
> correctly... :)

Yes.  Every time ScummVM boots, or you swap discs on the initial
screen, the disc is automatically scanned and the games added to
a menu where you can select which game to run.

Having a persistant database into which games are manually
"added" makes no sense for a system with only removable media.
(Besides, where would you save said database?  On a memory card,
 which is itself removable?  Makes even less sense.)

  // Marcus