[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM wiki upgrade - Sunday September 20

Thierry Crozat (Yahoo! Mail) thierry.crozat at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Sep 16 20:52:46 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I have recently be given the responsibility to maintain the wiki
installation. This mainly means installing upgrades, extensions and
fixing problems. Therefore if you want to report a problem with the
wiki or if you want a MediaWiki extension to be installed you can
send me an email or contact me on IRC (nick criezy).

Max and Eugene are still the admins and as before they are the ones
to contact to get a wiki account. They also take the final decision
for MediaWiki extensions. Basically when you tell me you would like
an extension to be installed, I will have a look and then contact Max
and Eugene to get the green light. Currently I have a couple of
extensions to look at.

But there is a more pressing matter: upgrading the wiki. It is
currently running an outdated version (1.13.3) that is not maintained
anymore. My plan is to update to the latest stable version (1.15.1,
which contains security and bug fix as well as new features over the
currently installed version). If you are interested, you can find the
release notes for versions 1.14 and 1.15 at http://www.mediawiki.org/
wiki/Release_notes/1.14 and http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/
Release_notes/1.15

I am planning to do the upgrade on Sunday morning (September 20)
between 10 and 11 am GMT. The exact plans are:
1) Set the wiki to read only. Once it is done you should get a nice
error message if you try to edit a page.
2) Backup wiki installation and database.
3) Upgrade to 1.15.1
4) Update the skin and extensions as needed.
5) Make some tests to check the wiki works correctly.
6) Restore write access.

I will be on IRC during that time and I will stay on IRC afterward in
case somebody finds a problem.

If this plan does not suit you, please let me know and I will try to
find another time for the upgrade.

Thierry