[Scummvm-devel] Code formatting: Doxygen style

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Sep 21 20:20:04 CEST 2009

Hi folks,

I think we need to agree on a single Doxygen style to use throughout
our codebase.

Doxygen supports a wide variety of source documentation comments (see <http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/docblocks.html
 >), but using all is confusing in my eyes. For this reason, we
changed our code formatting guide (CFG) to explicitly mention some
styles: <http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Code_Formatting_Conventions#Doxygen_documentation_comments
 >.

I'd like to remind everybody of this, as there is quite some code that
which uses other ways.

Also, I'd actually like to slightly modify our CFG in this regard: I'd
like to replace "//!<" (our current standard for "single line doxygen
comments *after* a variable") by "///<", as I feel that this one fits
in better with "/** .. */" and "/**< .. */".

If I hear no objections, I'll make that change to the CFG and also SVN.