[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM wiki upgrade - Sunday September 20

Jordi Vilalta jvprat at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 20:34:32 CEST 2009

Hi,

2009/9/21 Max Horn <max at quendi.de>:

> Am 21.09.2009 um 16:14 schrieb Max Horn:
>
>> Hi Thierry,
>>
>> thanks a lot for taking over maintainership of the Wiki, and for
>> performing this upgrade. Much appreciated!
>>
>> Could you please update http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Project_Services
>> to reflect that you are now maintainer? I also think we can remove
>> the "this page needs work" remark from it?
>
> I just noticed that we actually also have a *category* with that name:
>
>   http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Category:Project_Services
>
> Somehow I wasn't even aware of that category and the pages of it
> (several of which were orphaned pages, too). I modified the project
> services page to link to most of these pages for now. We should
> consider how to deal with those: Either merge everything into a single
> page; or if we want to keep them separate, then I'd remove the list of
> "maintainers" from the central "Project Services" page, as it just
> duplicates data found on the dedicated service pages, and will surely
> get out of sync soon.

The idea was to generate the current "Project Services" page list by
including some kind of summary from the individual service pages
automatically (so no information would get out of sync). I've written
an example based on the look of the current page:

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=User:Jvprat/Sandbox

For each page it shows a template which can be easily modified to
change the look of the whole list. If it's acceptable I would move
this list to the current page. By the way, I haven't added the
differentiation of community/project services from the original page,
if it's required I would add it.

This is a very simple example of what can be done with the recently
installed DPL wiki extension (thanks to Thierry).