[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM wiki upgrade - Sunday September 20

Thierry Crozat criezy at scummvm.org
Mon Sep 21 20:39:46 CEST 2009

Le 21 sept. 09 à 15:23, Max Horn a écrit :

> Am 21.09.2009 um 16:14 schrieb Max Horn:
>
>> Hi Thierry,
>>
>> thanks a lot for taking over maintainership of the Wiki, and for
>> performing this upgrade. Much appreciated!
>>
>> Could you please update http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/
>> Project_Services
>> to reflect that you are now maintainer? I also think we can remove
>> the "this page needs work" remark from it?

I added myself as maintainer for the wiki on that page.
But actually I was thinking that we could differentiate maintainer
and admin and then list only myself as maintainer and Eugene and
yourself as administrators. If you see no objections I will do the
modification on that page and the Wiki services page.

> I just noticed that we actually also have a *category* with that name:
>
>    http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Category:Project_Services
>
> Somehow I wasn't even aware of that category and the pages of it
> (several of which were orphaned pages, too). I modified the project
> services page to link to most of these pages for now. We should
> consider how to deal with those: Either merge everything into a single
> page; or if we want to keep them separate, then I'd remove the list of
> "maintainers" from the central "Project Services" page, as it just
> duplicates data found on the dedicated service pages, and will surely
> get out of sync soon.

We just had an example where they got out of sync because I modified
the wiki services page but not the central one (I didn't know it
existed).

Some of the individual pages have quite a lot of info (e.g. the
Buildot one). Maybe it would bit a bit too much content for a single
page. Personally I would keep the separate pages, but I think we
should indeed remove the maintainers from the central Project
Services page. Or we could use DLP to automatically populate this
page from the content of the individual services pages.

Thierry

Edit: I just received the mail from Jordi and noticed he had the same
idea about using DLP :)