[Scummvm-devel] MADE engine performance

Filippos Karapetis philipk79 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 23 10:50:16 CEST 2009

Hello Neil

The difference with the MADE engine from other engines, is that a great chunk of the game logic is done by game scripts. This includes screen updates, mouse movement etc. This is why the engine code is so small. johndoe wrote a speed throttler for the script processing, which can be found in script.cpp, inside ScriptInterpreter::runScript() (lines 158-161). Not sure if there is any better way to handle this, but this is probably the place to start from

Regards
Filippos