[Scummvm-devel] "Intelligent" forum spam bots

Pierre-Yves Gérardy pygy79 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 12:41:02 CEST 2009

A potential solution could be to enable regular users to flag posts made by
new accounts. When a post has been flagged two or three times, hide it from
the view of normal users, and warn mods of the event. This would help you
with both spam and rule #0 problems.
I don't know if such a phpBB mod exists though. I'll have a look.
_______________________
Pierre-Yves Gérardy, MD
Headache Research Unit
University of Liege
Citadelle Hospital (University dept. of Neurology),
Boulevard du XIIe de Ligne, 1
B4000 Liège, Belgium
Phone : +32 (0) 4 225 71 41
Mobile : +32 (0) 472 543 727
Fax : +32 (0) 4 223 88 07
Department Secretary : Ms Groven : +32 (0) 4 225 63 91