[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM 1.1.0 has been tagged

Travis Howell kirben at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 1 05:20:04 CEST 2010

Why did ScummVM 1.1.0 get tagged, when we still have regressions? bugs
#2961787, #2976353 for example. It is still not clear how many of the
Nippon Safe bugs are regressions either, due to that recent load/save issue.

The new tools still lack more thorough public testing, it seems we
failed to ask for more testing in this case. Should we risk releasing
new tools which aren't as well tested? or maybe wait longer for more
public testing and handle separately this time?

We are not a commercial product, and don't have any reasons that a major
release must be produced by a specific date. So I really don't see why
major releases are pushed through, when they are good reasons
(regressions in this case) for delays.

With ScummVM been used more often for games releases (i.e. on Good Old
Games), I think it is even more important to avoid any regressions in
stable games. If we keep letting known regressions in stable games
through, than it seems more like ScummVM is going backwards. Which is
only going to cause problems for users who specifically stick to major
releases, to avoid regressions and more stability.