[Scummvm-devel] Discworld 2 video errors in trunk

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Fri Apr 16 00:02:13 CEST 2010

On 04/15/2010 11:54 PM, Torbjörn Andersson wrote:
> Neither Valgrind nor DUMA (https://sourceforge.net/projects/duma/)
> turned up any further errors that I could see. However, for what it's
> worth, when doing these test runs I did get a lot of graphics
> corruption. I still don't get any when running it normally.
>
> Valgrind is much too slow to do repeated test runs, but DUMA is fast
> enough for me. Using this ridiculous setup, revision 45396 works while
> revision 45397 has glitches. The commit message for 45397 was "TINSEL:
> Some cleanup to the BMV code".
>
> It's almost midnight here now, so I'm not going to look any further -
> at least not at the moment - but perhaps someone else can take it from
> here?
>
> Torbjörn Andersson

I made some comments about my findings on
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=2987895&group_id=37116&atid=418820
seeing the revision that breaks it, it might be very well that the
memcpy implementation is the problem here.

I guess we need to use the disabled code path in order to fix it, since
we can not assume memcpy to work in the same manner as the custom loop
it seems.

// Johannes