[Scummvm-devel] Compilation on IRIX?

Ori Avtalion ori at avtalion.name
Tue Apr 20 11:22:27 CEST 2010

Hey,

I was looking at the configure script (before and after my recent
changes) and I noticed this possible bug.

http://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/scummvm/scummvm/tags/release-1-1-0/configure?view=markup

In line 1117, there's a special test for IRIX in case no gcc compiler is
found, and then it checks of the compiler version starts with "7.7.4",
which is acceptable for some reason.

However, since cxx_verc_fail has been previously set to "yes", and in
the 7.7.4 case it's not being re-set to "no", configure should fail later.

The IRIX support was included in this patch:
http://sf.net/support/tracker.php?aid=2838507

Has anyone tried compiling ScummVM on that system lately (or ever)?
Should the host_os test be removed?

-Ori