[Scummvm-devel] Switching to Git (was Re: Broken Sword 2.5)

Eugene Sandulenko sev at scummvm.org
Sun Aug 1 12:04:23 CEST 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 00:40:14 +0200
Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
> In other words, if we were using git, life would be a lot easier for
> all and every 3rd party or under-development engine,
I agree completely.

Everybody, I need your good ideas on how to lay git repository. Please
voice out your opinion where in git to put each component below. I need
a map of (repository | branch). I put current ones in square brackets.

The alternative is to dump everything into one single repository and
then shuffle things around.

Websites:
buildbot [websites | buildbot/master]
doxygen [websites | doxygen/master]
forum/trunk [websites | forum/master]
web-planet [websites | web-planet/master]
wiki/trunk [websites | wiki/master]
web/trunk [websites | master]
web/tags/start [websites | web/start]
web/branches/design2005 [websites | web/design2005]
media/tags/design-2004 [websites | media/design-2004]
media/trunk [websites | media/master]

Obsolete stuff:
docs/trunk [legacy | docs/master]
docs/branches/fingolfin [legacy | docs/fingolfin]
docs/tags/start [legacy | docs/start]
engine-data/tags/* [legacy | engine-data/*]
vendor/fonts (I've moved them to gui/themes/fonts) [/dev/null]
residual/trunk [legacy | residual/master]
residual/branches/* [legacy | residual/*]

Misc:
scummex/trunk [legacy | scummex/master]
scummex/tags/start [legacy | scummex/start]
scummex/branches/* [legacy | scummex/*]
vendor/cxxtest [legacy | vendor/master] <-- bad place

ScummVM:
scummvm/trunk [scummvm | master]
scummvm/branches/* [scummvm | *]
scummvm/tags/* (they're really branches) [scummvm | *]
vendor/freesci (kept for traceability purposes) [scummvm | freesci]

Tools:
tools/trunk [tools | master]
tools/branches/* [tools | *]
tools/tags/* [tools | *]

Your comments are essential for the task completion.

Eugene