[Scummvm-devel] Android port: mouse/touchscreen improvements

yotam barnoy yotambarnoy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 12:24:53 CEST 2010

> That does sound like a nice mode to have and shouldn't be to difficult to
> implement. Unfortunately I don't think the right click would work as pre 2.0
> Android devices don't have multitouch. Not sure if we could support two ways
> of working, depending on the OS version.

I didn't know older Android devices didn't have multitouch. That's a
real issue then. To substitute for a right click on non-multitouch
devices, one idea is to create a 'designated area' that is for right
click only. You can draw a big button in that area. I'm not sure how
it is on the Android, but if you have black bars on the sides for
maintaining the aspect ratio, you can draw the button in one of those.
If there's no unused screen area, you can put the button for example
in the top left corner, and make it draggable just in case it gets in
the way of something.

> It does seem evident from what you guys are saying that some kind of shared
> interface code for touchscreens would be very useful.

Definitely. And since multitouch is not as widely available as I
thought it was, I think we need a multitouch and a non-multitouch
variation.

> If I manage to get some code together, is the usual procedure to post a patch
> on the patch tracker so it can be discussed and updated?

That's correct.

Yotam