[Scummvm-devel] Switching to Git (was Re: Broken Sword 2.5)

Henry Bush scummvm at spookypeanut.co.uk
Sat Aug 7 14:49:52 CEST 2010

On Sat, Aug 7, 2010 at 12:29, Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 13:04:23 +0300
> Eugene Sandulenko <sev at scummvm.org> wrote:
>> Everybody, I need your good ideas on how to lay git repository. Please
>> voice out your opinion where in git to put each component below. I
>> need a map of (repository | branch). I put current ones in square
>> brackets.
> I still need this info.

I don't know enough about git to give an informed answer on that.
However, what I do know is that at work we just switched from cvs to
git, and we just dumped everything in a single repository to begin
with, in the knowledge that we could shuffle it round afterwards, and
it has worked very well, much less painful than I imagined. But we
haven't done the shuffling yet ;-)