[Scummvm-devel] Testing needed for GSoC OpenGL Branch

Bertrand Augereau bertrand_augereau at yahoo.fr
Thu Aug 12 08:33:58 CEST 2010

Hi Alejandro,

I implemented "desired_screen_aspect_ratio" because of a shortcoming in my Linux graphic drivers in fullscreen.
There was no pillarboxing/letterboxing possible on my configuration and the games were always stretched to the screen resolution.
With a wide screen it was utterly ugly :)
Setting this option to 16/9 ensures that entering fullscreen will select the "tightest" 16/9 mode available and the backend will render without distortion.
I guess this is the only portable way without lots of platform specific code that queries the physical screen aspect ratio or without relying to drivers pillarboxing.

Cheers,
Bertrand