[Scummvm-devel] GSoC'10 is over. Great success!

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Mon Aug 23 22:25:17 CEST 2010

Am 23.08.2010 um 16:29 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

[...]
> PS. It is probably time to start 1.2.0 preps. Thoughts?

First off, I'll be on vacation for two weeks starting in a few hours, and after that on a conference for a week. So, feel free to start release preps, just don't count on me being there ;).

But before you start release preps, I would suggest that we discuss how and when to merge the GSoC changes. Before or after the 1.2.0 release?

If it is before, we should push 1.2.0 back accordingly, as it will take some time to (a) perform the merges and (b) let the dust settle... i.e., get everything cleaned up, fixed and stable, not to mention extensively tested and polished.  (An exception here would be the decompiler work, which could be merged right away, I'd say, as it touches little outside code. That would make me happy, too, as I could then commit my incomplete SCUMM v5 engine for that... ;).

If it is after, then that 1.2.0 release would better be out very soon, then the merges performed and 1.3.0 out as soon as possible, too...

Finally, something else to consider: Will we do 1.2.0rc first and then 1.2.0, as during the 1.0.0 release cycle ?  Or do we fall back to the old "1.2.0 followed by 1.2.1" scheme again, as with 1.1.x and before 1.0.0 ?

Anyway, I am off to vacation now, if I get the chance I might chime in a few times, but I might not have any internet for 14 days, so have fun everybody ;).