[Scummvm-devel] Broken Sword 2 problem

yotam barnoy yotambarnoy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 13:44:52 CEST 2010

OK well thanks for trying.

Just to keep everyone up to date on this suspenseful bug :)

I've found the problematic addition -- it was simply the code of
BufferedWriteStream, even when completely unused(!) Once I figured
that out, I took this patch and applied it at different points in the
history. Bisecting yielded another innocuous addition of a couple of
variables to the BS2 class. This is starting to look more and more
like the 'perfect storm' theory. I bisected yet again, and found
another addition of variables. I'm hoping that eventually I'll get to
something more substantial. My guess is that there's something either
from BS2 itself or from the PSP code, and I'm already digging in code
from around a year ago.

I'd appreciate it if someone could try running the current SVN code
(~52398) on the PS2 (another MIPS target). Try restarting and skipping
both intro videos and check if it crashes.

Thanks
Yotam