[Scummvm-devel] ATTN PORTERS: OSystem::grabPalette requirement change

Johannes Schickel lordhoto at scummvm.org
Mon Dec 20 19:21:07 CET 2010

On 12/20/2010 07:15 PM, yotam barnoy wrote:
> Just to double check, normally for an 8 bit image (ie. with a palette)
> the backend's initSize() will be called with a NULL for the
> pixelFormat, right? So I just need to make NULL correspond to a 32 bit
> palette. Correct?

OSystem::grabPalette only works for paletted game graphics setup, so I
guess that's: Yeah in this case you should make sure that the data you
return in grabPalette match the data in setPalette. I am not sure right
now, but in case you get a CLUT8 format passed you should also be sure
that you properly setup paletted mode.

// Johannes