[Scummvm-devel] ATTN PORTERS: OSystem::grabPalette requirement change

Marcus Comstedt marcus at mc.pp.se
Mon Dec 20 23:06:48 CET 2010

Johannes Schickel <lordhoto at scummvm.org> writes:

> We changed the requirements to grabPalette so that exactly the same RGB
> data should be returned there as was previously setup via setPalette.
> This means regardless of the graphics real output format of the backend,
> the exact same values should be returned by grabPalette to keep a
> symmetry between setPalette and grabPalette like copyRectToScreen and
> lockScreen has.

This kind of makes me wonder:  If the only function of the method is
to return the exact same data as was passed to setPalette, why does it
need to be in the backend at all?  If the engines really need help
remembering what palettes they set, couldn't a function somewhere in
graphics/ provide that service?

  // Marcus