[Scummvm-devel] ScummVM PS2: SCI games

sunmax at libero.it sunmax at libero.it
Sun Feb 7 09:11:24 CET 2010

Hi there ScummVM Team!

Still on SCI games:

- OPL Mame

>> >  WARNING: No OPL emulator available for type 1!

>> The next warning is because you do not have the DOSBox OPL emulator
>> built-in, thus it can not find any which is capable of Dual OPL2.

I actually have it compiled in both for SDL and PS2 backend, I am
just overriding it in "Edit Game -> Audio -> AdLib Emu" with Mame,
that's why I was surprised that is telling me that: I would expect
something more like "OPL emulator for type 1 disabled by config".

But since it works it's just a matter of style ;-)

- Performance

  I thought at first low gfx performance was due to the music,
  but even when I turned the audio off, it's still very far
  from scumm games - especially when there is some animation
  (even minor like the countdown in SQ1VGA) even moving the
  pointer around requires Jedi patience ;-)

  Is PS2 backend updating the screen too often ?

  Is it losing cycles somewhere else ?

  How do these games perform on other embedded devices? E.g. DS?

Thanks!
-max