[Scummvm-devel] Modifier support and keypad handling

yotam barnoy yotambarnoy at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 06:36:06 CET 2010

Hi everyone

I just committed littleboy's excellent patch, which adds proper modifier
support to all the engines. Every engine that was checking for keystate
flags should now be doing it properly (with & on the bits or the hasFlags()
function rather than ==) and numlock, capslock and scroll-lock have been
added to the flags field. The reason I'm announcing this is that last time I
made a similar patch in an incomplete way and 'under the radar', trampling
in the process those people who want to use the keypad for number input.
Now, numlock must be on to input numbers with the keypad (as it should be).
Otherwise, the keypad will be used for directional input (which is the input
method AGI and SCI0 games were designed for). You may want to test your
particular platform to see that everything works as it should.

Additionally, if your backend has a D-Pad, it would be best to map it to the
keypad keys since they will work in AGI, SCI0, the GUI and the Indy3 fight
scenes, while the arrow keys won't work in Indy3. This was the reason behind
my original, flawed patch.

Thanks again to littleboy for his work on finding my bug and resolving it!

Bluddy