[Scummvm-devel] "Broken Sword II" vs. "Broken Sword 2"

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Fri Jan 1 16:17:09 CET 2010

Am 30.12.2009 um 19:15 schrieb Joost Peters:

> I would vote for using whatever the original box said.
> So in case of the first game "Broken Sword: The Shadow of the
> Templars"
> and for BS2 "Broken Sword II: The Smoking Mirror", and if we do have
> shorten them in places: "Broken Sword" (no numeral or anything) and
> "Broken Sword II".

I just tried to implement this, but noticed a problem: In many places
we use "Broken Sword" to refer to both games simultaneously, and then
distinguish them by adding 1 or 2. If we drop the "1" everywhere, then
a lot of ambiguity crops up. To resolve that, we'd have to replace
ever occurrence of things like "the Broken Sword games" by "Broken
Sword and Broken Sword II". Maybe we should allow some alternative
names for such cases? Like "Broken Sword part I and II" or "Broken
Sword I & II" ?

Bye,