[Scummvm-devel] SF.net tracker vs. trac

Max Horn max at quendi.de
Sun Jan 3 23:39:36 CET 2010

Am 03.01.2010 um 19:27 schrieb Eugene Sandulenko:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 11:53:01 +0100
> Max Horn <max at quendi.de> wrote:
>
>> FYI, feature wise I prefer Mantis, too.
>>
>> The slowness seems to be a general issue with SF.net hosted apps...
>>
>> Anyway, I'd be happy to migrate to Mantis, if we can
>> (a) create a tool which converts SF.net tracker issues in XML to a
>> format importable by Mantis
>> (b) convince SF.net staff to do the import for us.
>>
>> I think (b) is possible, but right now I am not even sure Mantis
>> *can* import issues, much less how ;).
> Any updates on this? It would be really nice and more productive to
> move to Mantis....

No update on this from my side. I haven't followed up on (b), but
could. If we get a positive signal from SF.net, we'd still have to
implement point (a), though. Which would amount to writing a script
(python, perl, c++, XSLT, whatever) which converts SF.net tracker data
into data importable by Mantis. The former XML format is pretty clear
and obvious; but I still have no idea how to import things into Mantis.

Importing data into Mantis seems to be rather underdeveloped and
underdocumented, as far as I could find out, and my impression was
that we'd essentially have to write a tool which spits out SQL
statements which insert the data into their DB as needed. Not very
nice... But maybe I just didn't find the right stuff, and things are
easier. Marcus pointed to <http://www.mantisbt.org/bugs/view.php?
id=4220> but this is an in-official addon, its status is unclear
(like, whether it would be compatible with the version of Mantis used
by SF.net) and its not documented. Still might be easier to use this
than to start from scratch, but all in all, I am not impressed by this
part of Mantis...

Also, additional work would be required to convert all file
attachments of SF.net tracker items: In the SF.net tracker XML, these
are only referenced to, via URLs. So one would have to write a tool
which collects all these URLs and downloads the attachments; then re-
assigns these with the corresponding item in Mantis.