[Scummvm-devel] call for help: Dragon History on Windows

Robert Špalek rspalek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 04:07:37 CET 2010

hi all,

I've got an unofficial bug-report from a friend.  there seem to be small
issues on Windows that I cannot debug, because I only have Mac computers at
home and Linux at work.  almost surely they are small bugs easily corrected
by an experienced developer on that platform.  I'd like to ask if someone is
willing to look into that.

1. Escape in the intro doesn't just skip the intro, but also quit the game

2. Return to launcher and Quit in the ScummVM main menu (Ctrl-F5) have no
effect

I have personally witnessed (2) during a quick test on a Windows platform
(without developer tools), but not (1).  I wonder that maybe there is a
slightly different event handling on Windows, because neither of these two
issues occurs on Mac or Linux.  I just handle the events in the standard
way.  maybe the events are encoded slightly differently, so running the game
inside a debugger with a breakpoint set may quickly point to the problem.

3. MIDI music cannot be heard below volume 240 and then it is too loud.

I have personally witnessed that volume of MIDI is generally much louder on
Windows than on Mac and I have to pull it down more, but I didn't have
problem with the music disappearing.  maybe this is one of the many MIDI
issues.

thank you,
--
Robert Špalek <rspalek at gmail.com>